Advancing Your Career in the Sports Industry
with Micro-Credentials and Online Certificate Programs
Have you ever wanted to advance your career or explore a new subject but aren’t ready to commit to a full degree program? The Academy’s Professional Studies programs are designed to expand your knowledge and skills, build your resume, and to help you reach your goals while you bridge the gap between where you are and where you want to be. Professional Studies Certificates can be completed as individual programs, and can also be applied towards the completion of a bachelor’s degree.
Advance your career while expanding your knowledge and skill set with our non-credit, self-paced, online micro-credential courses. Moving forward in your career is more than just a long-term goal, it is a life-long commitment. You set your goals and we provide you with a fast, and flexible path of personalized courses to turn your goals into reality.
▪ CAREER BUILDING
▪ HEALTH AND FITNESS PROMOTION
▪ HR MANAGEMENT
▪ WOMEN IN SPORTS
▪ SPORTS AGENCY
▪ SPORTS COMMUNICATION
▪ SPORTS DEVELOPMENT
▪ SPORTS LEADERSHIP
▪ SPORTS MANAGEMENT
▪ SPORTS MARKETING
▪ SPORTS PSYCHOLOGY
▪ SPORTS TOURISM
▪ SPORT FOR SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT
Interested in these or other programs?
We are doing our best to develop cutting edge professional development solutions to keep you abreast of the latest topics in the sports industry. If you would like more information or request a notification when the new programs become available, please contact us via our “Request Information” form.
Online Certificate Programs
Professional studies certificates offer new and cutting-edge educational opportunities to obtain real-world skills that are high in-demand. These for-credit certificate programs allow participants to build specific skills and earn a mini-baccalaureate credential without taking on the time and expense of earning a full bachelor’s degree.
- Each program incorporates existing, general-education courses, degree-core courses, or major-specific courses. Each combination provides the student with a challenging educational experience while introducing them to different aspects of academic study in sport.
- Each program is unique in that there are no overlapping courses, allowing students to complete all three without creating conflicts and build knowledge and skills.
- Additionally, a student can complete all programs (or any other combination of the three) and still be positioned to enter and complete any of the Academy’s undergraduate degree programs of their choosing, without conflict.
- Each program consists of four, three-hour courses (total of 12 credit hours). Therefore, students could possibility seek financial aid while classified as a full-time student – if concurrently enrolled.
Registration and Enrollment
Professional Studies courses and programs are open to anyone 16 years of age or older regardless of educational level or background. All courses are online and, in special situations, are delivered onsite. Students have 16 weeks in which to complete a course (one week is included for shipping and handling of course materials). There are no course extensions. Since the Academy has “rolling enrollment” students may register for a course at any time; for assistance, contact the Center for Professional Studies and Continuing Education at 800-223-2668 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Textbooks and shipping & handling charges are additional costs.